Saturday, February 7, 2009

I'm Back







February 7, 2009

I know, I know, I have totally ignored my blog. I have been out the country, at clubs, at school (and not in that order). Anyway, it would take far too long to give details about everything so this time I will give quick "blog bullet points" of my last week.
  • Geneva-cold, but fun. The town was small so there wasn't alot of nightlife, but it was cool to go to Switzerland. We were absolutely freezing so we ate..ALOT. Chocolate,crepes, more chocolate. Geneva is a very wealthy town so things were expensive. We stayed in the hostile for a night and it was clean, but kind of empty. We stayed on the France/Switzerland border so one morning we had breakfast in France and then walked around Geneva the rest of the day. Checkout was at 12:00 pm Saturday and our flight was at 7 am on Sunday so it was literally the longest day/night of my life. I will NEVER try to save money by shortchanging accomadations. That last night was miserable.

  • Class- My classes are actually pretty hard. I don't know who let out the rumor that study abroad was easy because it is not. Well, all of my classes are in spanish except for one so that is kind of hard. My literature teacher must think we are native spaniards because she talks soooooo fast!!!

  • Nightlife-Barcelona is the nightlife capital. Literally. Everynight there is something to do and everynight there is a swanky club to go to. Last night we went to a hotel party and the bar had all white couches and madonna music blaring. it was very trendy and fun. All of the Barcelona girls dress SO cute so ofcourse us atlanta girls try to catch up
  • Visitors-Alex Johnson(a friend from highschool) is in town because she is studying abroad in Paris and wanted to see us for the weekend. Tomorrow Kim comes in for a week. Also in the future..Marquan,Lauren Doraghazi, and Carmelle will all be coming for a week. I can't wait!!
  • Travel-Booked Sevilla this weekend with my friends and sister. We are going to stay with Khaled El-Sawi. Hannah and I booked Paris for the last week of March. We will also do Amsterdam, Prague, and spring break. I will have to see my Spanish family too, but one thing at a time.
  • Food-INCREDIBLE. so many restaurants to choose from and Tapas galore. Tapas are perfect for me because I love the portions. Believe it or not, my roomates and I try to do Europe moderately. Everyone who visits wants to know how much money to bring, but it definately just varies on what you want to do/how you want to live. I mean there are girls here who eat out everynight, buy 13 dollar drinks, and travel like its going out of style. We do splurge sometimes, but I think we have been doing a great job of cooking meals here, finding affordable flights, and pre-gaming at our apartment.
I love it more here everyday. I don't want April to come :)

Adios,

Robin B.

No comments:

Post a Comment