Monday, January 26, 2009

The Ball Is Rollin...

Monday, January 26th

Well, it´s official...we have booked our first trip! We are going to Geneva, Switzerland this Friday until Sunday. When I say we, I mean Me,Hannah,Nona,Breese, and Adam Shapiro who went to Woodward with us. We are staying in a hostel for one night and leaving Sunday at 7 am so we are just going to stay out ALL night and then go to the airport early the next morning so we dont have to pay for 2 nights. It may sound cheap..but hey we´re college kids trying to see Europe so we can manage. Today was my first day of classes other than Spanish. I am in the library now and I just had my mass media class. It doesn´t seem like it will be hard and the teacher´s english isnt the best. It will be interesting though because we study the media in all of these different countries not just america and spain. It´s Jeanne´s birthday today, but she is in Sevilla. GET THIS...she is going to stay in Europe and be an au pair for a spanish family. She loves it and is deciding to stay in Europe versus try to find a job in America..which is hard right now. Right now my roomates and I are really into booking trips. One of my friends is going to moracco this weekend,others to London, some to Dublin....EVERYWHERE. We are trying to do it all, but reallistically I want to leave having gone to 1. Switzerland 2. Amsterdam 3. Paris 4. Sevilla and then a spring break trip. We´ll see how that goes.. Oh, and the cafeteria food here is really good and really cheap. You can get pizza, salad, a drink, a dessert, and bread for 5 euro. So i think I will start making my big meal be at school and then eat a light dinner. We´re doing literally everything to save money for trips..We LOVE It here still. In fact, Granny asked yesterday if I was trying to be a full time spaniard. haha. Well, off to my next class which is a political science course about the Spanish government. Sounds great right? ha..we´ll see.

Adeo!

2 comments:

  1. Robin! Glad to read you are taking a polisci class, you will have to teach me a little something when I come to visit--I think I am going to visit Steph in Madrid for part of my trip and then fly to Barc for the rest of the week and second weekend, will keep you posted. And not fair that I talk to Cook more these days than you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are enjoying yourself as well. Have fun this weekend while granny and mom are out ballin it up with the rest of the fam!

    ReplyDelete