Friday, January 9, 2009

Busy, Busy,Busy

January 9, 2009
Today I got to sleep in...well atleast until 11:30. Then I had to go to orientation at Pompeu Fabra, which wasn't really orientation. I ended up placing into advanced spanish classes so I did better than I thought! I start classes on Monday so I will be forced to ride the metro which I have been strategically avoiding. After class, my friends(Katie, Alana,Lisa) and I ran so many errands. We went to exchange money,buy them groceries, buy cellphones(mom: DO NOT freak. I got 'pay as you go' plan and its cheap here. I will need it to call friends here. and for safety). Customer service in Spain is nonexistent. They move really slow, but are nice when they are actually serving you. For lunch I had "menu del dia" which included a coke, a salad, bread and tomato and cheese, sausage with beans, and a little dessert trio..all for 10 euro. I think all my money will go to travelling and metro rides because when my roomates get here we will grocery shop and I won't eat out AS much. I think cereal will do in the morning, I will splurge on lunches, and then dinners will be light tapas and wine.Tonight we are going out, but I don't know what we will be doing. There is soooo much to do here. Tomorrow I will go back to my apartment because my friend, Jeannie Lyons, is staying the night with me. She is from Atlanta (Went to Woodward, we cheered together in middle school, and she was Sandy Creek hc queen). Anyway, now she goes to U. of Miami and is travelling around Europe for the semester. It will be good to visit my place since I darted out of there the first day when I was "devastated". It will be fun to explore my neighborhood. Until tomorrow..

Adeo

4 comments:

  1. Glad your making friends and adjusting robinette! it can only go uphill from here, which I know it will skyrocket when your girls get there! Love u! and don't let those bastards take your hard earned tfund dollazzz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pickpocketers of course lol not your friends hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall not "Freak." Hello to Jeannie. Have fun. Out to dinner with some of favorite (and yours) folks, Winston, Nisa and Claudia.
    Adeo
    Cook

    ReplyDelete