Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Flight

January 5th 2009
The flight to Barcelona was not bad at all. Maybe because I am used to 11 hour drives now or maybe because I was in first class. I’ll go with the latter. I feel like I’m a freshman all over again, but it seems silly to compare a flight to Detroit and a flight to Barcelona. I was seat 1F and it was amazing. The lady next to me was nice enough and to the left of me was the most gorgeous Spanish family ever. Anyway, I had my own t.v. so I made a playlist (which was better than my ipod) and I watched Lakeview Terrace with Samuel L. Jackson (I don’t know why I chose this over Nights in Rodanthe). They had so many cool, new movies including Batman so you know Delta was up to date. They offered me a lot of wine but I had coke and water. My dinner was as follows…
First course: Hummus, Thai Chicken and Coconut Soup, and Spinach salad with goat cheese, tomato, and onion.
Main course: Crab Cakes and chili aioli, accompanied by baked spaghetti squash and a snow pea and fennel medley
Dessert:All natural vanilla ice cream sundae with mixed berries and garnished with a pirouline cookie.
After dinner, I just went to sleep and before I knew it I was landing. I wish the flight had been longer because it was so comfortable and I was/am really nervous. After lugging my overweight bags, I took a taxi to my hotel. I really would have preferred to wait on the other CEA student at the airport, but my CEA advisor kept saying “I bet you want to go to the hotel don’t you!”. So it was kind of a leading question. Anyway, now I am at the hotel, I have no idea what time it is, and my room isn’t ready so I’m in the lobby reading an Elle magazine about Beyonce and Jay-Z’s baby plans. Hasta Manana-Robin

3 comments:

  1. What no wine????? Glad you had a pleasant flight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.im with mom...you dont turn down free wine
    2.batman mmmm daw....who's seen it?you?you have ok?you no?
    3.You just made me hungry!
    4.Miss you cookie bookie(dont tell mom i said that!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, How is everything going?
    You know nothing has changed here in A2, we still pregaming til 12 and going to the Heidelberg for karoke night. If one more person ask me when you leave or have you left I don;t know what I'm going to do! I have been really productive thus far. Well let me get ready to go to class but remember: WE GONE SHINE IN '09!
    -Dr. Jackson

    ReplyDelete