Friday, January 23, 2009

What a Week

January 23, 2009

Today is Friday. I am in my bed blogging and all of my roommates are on a wine-tasting excursion in Torres. I am going tomorrow because I had class today. We watched a movie in Spanish today and it was actually pretty good. Yesterday was pretty productive. After class I came home thinking I would need to meet the internet man, but he took one look at that box and left. I don’t really think he knew what the problem was…but I’m actually doing fine without the internet. Sure, there are some emails I may need to read, but I think I can manage without facebook for a while. It’s kind of refreshing. My roommates, on the other hand, are freaking. Nona had to get one lady told on the phone and Breese’s mom is supposedly calling today so we’ll see. Of course I said “Nona don’t be mean to our advisor” and Nona was like “Robin, you must not have seen these girls in our program”. She does have a point…a lot of the girls on our program are DIVAS. They couldn’t last one hour without their internet and we have been pretty patient. Nona, Breese, and I went shopping yesterday but every time someone found something we would say…trip to Morocco or cool shirt? Needless to say we didn’t buy anything. After shopping we went to have dinner at this pub which would have been cool to drink at, but not to eat. It was way too dark and noisy for my liking. I wanted to have a cute little tapas dinner so you can imagine how I felt paying 10 euros for a huge bacon burger. We’re trying this thing where we eat at a new restaurant once a week so I’ll be sure to have a good place in mind when it’s my turn to choose. We went to a VERY cool club called Opium and it was huge. 5 bars, on the beach, white couches…just amazing. This boy would not leave me alone and kept telling me I looked like Rihanna. Now, if anyone can enjoy a compliment it’s me, but I wanted to say “Dude, what are YOU drinking!?” Because Rihanna is a stretch. We took a taxi home at 4:15 and fell STRAIGHT to sleep. Actually, I’m pretty sure Hannah was trying to talk to me, but I was out as soon as my head hit that polka-dot pillow. I’m sure she will repeat the story when she gets back from the wine country…
Hasta manana

No comments:

Post a Comment